What is Cultural Intelligence?
CULTURAL INTELLIGENCE, or CQ®, is the ability to relate and work effectively with people from different nationalities, ethnicities, age groups, and more.
CQ: An Essential Skill
Cultural intelligence (CQ) is a critical part of setting yourself apart in today’s world of artificial intelligence, machine learning, and globalisation. It’s the ability to relate and work effectively with people from different cultural backgrounds and it goes beyond existing notions of cultural sensitivity and awareness. With cultural intelligence, you’ll have an essential skill necessary to succeed.
Those with high levels of CQ include:
- Global Citizens: CQ is the missing link between thinking globally and acting locally.
- Communities of Faith: CQ enables religious groups to respectfully engage with people from other cultural and religious backgrounds.
- Employers: CQ is the strategic link between a diverse workforce and diverse customers.
- Job Seekers: 90% of executives are looking for people who have cultural intelligence. CQ provides a competitive edge for landing your dream job.
Benefits of CQ
With higher levels of CQ, you’ll be better equipped to:
- Adjust and adapt in diverse situations
- Make better decisions in culturally diverse settings
- Effectively negotiate with people from different cultural backgrounds
- Foster trust, idea sharing, and innovation
- Lead a diverse team more effectively
- And more.
Get started with our CQ Masterclass Credential.
Why is CQ Important?
CQ gives you a model for diagnosing and responding to complex intercultural situations on the fly. Rather than memorising facts about different cultures and applying stereotypes, you can use CQ to succeed in any intercultural setting.
Register for CQ Celebration below!
Learn More About Cultural Intelligence
David Livermore, PhD, and Founding Partner of the Cultural Intelligence Center walks us through a scenario about the importance of CQ. He also explains the role CQ plays in our every day lives.
DID YOU KNOW: Dave has written nine books on cultural intelligence and global leadership and has worked with companies, governments, and non-profits in more than 100 countries. He speaks at several international conferences annually. You can learn more about Dave Livermore by visiting his website located at DavidLivermore.com
The Cultural Intelligence Advantage
“CQ is a critical capability for navigating today’s increasingly global and diverse business environment…the good news is it’s entirely learned. It’s so important that we made it one of our core behaviors at Pwc”
— Robert Moritz,
“David Livermore’s work on cultural intelligence is an essential tool for working, living and leading in a world without borders.”
— Dick DeVos,
Former Chairman and CEO of Amway
“Based on solid academic research and years of personal experience, this is a whole new way of thinking holistically about the challenges and presents a repertoire of skills and behaviors that we can put to use in cross-cultural interactions.”
— Jim Kouzes,
The Leadership Challenge
Interested in registering? Click the adjacent button!
Stay Up to Date on Event News
Would you like more information about CQ Celebration? We got you covered. Please provide your email address below and we will periodically send you important updates about the event. As a bonus, we will also supply you with our 1-page guide designed to help you build the business case for why you should attend CQ Celebration.